National Post System in Quito
The Ecuadorian national postal system has various offices throughout Quito. National post offices may have a sign reading "Correos del Ecuador." Mail can also be sent through the national system at "PostNet" locations. Post offices are open M-F 7:30 AM-7:30 PM and Saturdays 8 AM - 2 PM, with the exception of the Mitad del Mundo office, which is open Wednesday through Sunday.
Prices for sending letters and packages range from 20 cents per 20 grams to $10 per kilo. National post service is very reliable for delivery and less reliable on getting mail from the exterior through to Ecuador. There is only one delivery option (no bewildering array of choices like in US Post offices, but also no priority, registered or certified mail). Delivery, on average, takes the following amount of days, though there are often delays:
- To U.S.A., 8-10 business days
- To Europe, 10-15 business days
- Asia and Middle East, 18-22 business days
- LatinAmerica and the Caribbean, 5-6 business days
Packages exceeding 2 kg have to be mailed in person between 8 am and 4 pm, or received in person between 8 am and 12 pm in the post office N3 located at Ulloa y Ramírez Dávalos.
Some Correos del Ecuador offices are at the following addresses:
Mon-Sat 8 AM-6:30PM
- Aeropuerto Mariscal Sucre, near the international passenger entrance.
- Av. Napo y J. De Alcazar (Chimbacalle) south of the city
- Ulloa y Ramírez Dávalos, to receive packages in excess of 2 kg (La Mariscal)
- Av. Colon y Reina Victoria, Torres Almagro (Center of La Mariscal)
- C.C.N.U. Centro Comercial Naciones Unidas Local 58-PB.
- Av. Eloy Alfaro 354 y 9 de Octubre
- Cumbaya (Valle de Tumbaco) Centro Comercial "La Esquina"
From Wednesday to Sunday 8 AM to 6:30 PM
Ciudad Turística Mitad del Mundo, inside the Mitad del Mundo complex
The standard national rates are described in detail below:
Postcards and letters
| Weight in grams
|| Group 1 USA
|| Group 2 rest of world
| Up to 20
|21 - 100
|101 - 250
|251 - 500
|501 - 1000
|1001 - 2000
** plus 12% IVA