In Quito you can obtain detailed maps of routes to make long runs that offer the cyclist slopes of all kinds and the opportunity to enjoy beautiful landscapes. These maps can be bought in the Military Geographic Institute, near the Catholic University, on the 12th of October avenue.
It is always necessary to plan long bicycle trips well and prepare yourself properly to prevent accidents that will ruin your trip. In other words, it is necessary to plan your route ahead of time and to always have your basic implements handy, like an extra wheel, screwdriver, nuts and air pump.
Another useful advice is to avoid main highways (Pan-American or the Occidental, avenue) and avoid dark places, especially within Quito.
For more information within the city, it is always possible to go to the store Biketech, located on the 6th of December Avenue, between Gaspar de Villaroel and Telégrafo, where groups of cyclist gather. Finding groups like this in Quito could help and be the difference between just biking through Ecuador or really enjoying by bicycle.
- Varied publications of the Ministry of Tourism (informative and flyers, magazines, guides, books).
- Publications by the Bureau of Conventions in Quito.
- Guides of the Bureau of Conventions of Quito.
- Information center of Captur (flyers).
- Equateur, guide of AOM French Airlines.
- Living in Ecuador. Chamber of Commerce Ecuadorian-American.
- www.lineajoven.com, magazine, nº2.